Job ID 3927
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Your New Job Title: Accounting Manager
The Skills You’ll Need: Management Account, ACCA, CIMA, payment card industry
Your New Salary: £60,000 per annum
Location: London (Hybrid)
Who You’ll Be Working for: Financing and payment card operations
What You’ll be Doing Each Day:
- Manages the monthly Management Account preparations and variance reporting. This includes the preparation of schedules, the processing of P&L and BS and the preparation of variance reports.
- Plays a leading role in the creation and review of annual budgets, ensures schedules of forecasted costs are calculated and maintained accurately
- Ensures budgetary control by monitoring the budgets, managing variances
- Supports the preparation for the annual external audit and related affiliate entities, all tax audits and files all tax returns such as Corporation Tax, payroll taxes and VAT etc. for all entities
- Ensure that the invoice authorisation and supplier payment processes are managed to ensure accuracy and timely execution. This includes ensuring invoices are accurately entered into the Accounting system, supplier profiles are created correctly, and relevant communication is shared with the Director of the Corporate department to release the payments.
- Processes payment to Merchants, and suppliers as required, including payment to Licensee Partners etc. in EMEA region in case of BCP’s emergency and its necessary preparation. Ensure the interchange file summary report and settlement report reconcile.
- Manage the Daily Cash Flow and Monetary Movement Monitoring process for all bank accounts. Review them periodically and report to management as required.
- Conduct Bank Reconciliation on all GBP bank accounts twice a month and correctly document it to ensure compliance with audit requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of payroll journals
- Ensure all expense claims are audited prior to payment.
- Participates and support internal audits as required
- Builds and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in Europe and HQ
The Skills You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Solid experience in accounting and/or financial management experience required; Payment Card Industry experience is desirable
- Team supervision or management experience
- Multi-currency transactions and cross-border reconciliation required
- Experience in leading audits, taxation and statutory accounting is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field and successful completion of a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA) required
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of accounting, and of financial records and transactions including, but not limited to, generally accepted accounting principles.
- Developed accounting, finance and analytical skills including experience in handling a variety of month end close responsibilities and working within generally accepted accounting principles.