Job ID 4436
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Job title: Finance Accountant
Location: Manchester ( Hybrid 3 days office )
Duration: 6 Months
As an Accountant, you will play a vital role in monitoring the financial health of the entire organization. Working closely with a diverse team, your responsibilities will include recording general ledger journal entries, preparing client invoices, conducting account reconciliation, and performing various analyses of financial statements.
You will be involved in multiple concurrent projects of medium complexity. As an active team member, you will contribute to complex projects to gain valuable experience, share ideas, and suggest process improvements based on your level of expertise. Additionally, you will consult with senior colleagues on semi-complex processes, utilizing their knowledge and your own experiences to further enhance your skills.
- Utilize financial data to prepare and record general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare reconciliations for cash and balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze financial statements and provide concise explanations for variances.
- Research and provide logical explanations for period over period variances in revenue, cost of sales, and expenses.
- Prepare invoices for self-reporting activities related to enhancements and insurance.
- Assist internal clients by providing necessary information for tax returns, insurance documentation, and other entity-related requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Preferred CPA certification.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cash management, and financial analysis processes.
- Familiarity with auditing processes, procedures, accounting principles, financial statements, and industry practices.
- Understanding of banking functions.
- Proficiency in analytical and statistical examination for complex problem-solving.
- Skills in using 10-key adding machines, computers, and general office tools.
- Ability to create spreadsheets and proficiency in Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to comprehend financial information.
- Ability to work in an organized manner and consistently follow up on tasks.
- Skilled in analytical and statistical examination.
- Experience with internal/external audit and SOX compliance.