Job ID 3412
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Senior Accounting Manager
Hybrid – Chatham (3 days in the office, 2 at home)
Salary – £550-£600 day rate (inside)
The Atlas Recruitment Group are currently searching for an experienced Senior Accounting Manager to take responsibility for financial accounting and deliver financial accounting reporting in a timely and accurate way as well as, reporting of the internal/external Society reporting, in accordance with UK GAAP.
- Day to day management of the accounting function of the Society, including the UK, Subsidiaries, International offices/entities comprising the Corporation and Central Fund segments
- Accountable for the monthly close and consolidation of the Corporation and Central Fund segment trial balances including all subsidiaries and International offices accurately and within timelines
- Accountable for the effective control environment over the general ledger and accounting function, including balance sheet reconciliations and substantiation
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving the financial accounting processes and controls including with business functions for accurate and timely financial accounting
- Develop and maintain a financial accounting risk register to ensure risks are identified, assessed and mitigated appropriately.
- Assist in developing and ensuring compliance with accounting policies for the Society, including subsidiaries and International offices
- Develop staff in understanding the business, processes, performance of tasks, controls and risks.
- Drive process and ledger system improvements to increase efficiencies in the financial accounting processes
- Provide support to the Financial Reporting function to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and technical accounting requirements.
- Provide assistance to both internal and external auditors on a timely basis
- Working within a large corporation with a highly regulated environment
- Accountant with either a formal qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 3 years PQE or qualification by experience
- Knowledge of UK GAAP or IFRS
- Knowledge of accounting standards as applicable to financial services and insurance organisations
- Knowledge of general ledger operations/functionality
- Knowledge of internal controls over accounting and financial reporting
- Significant experience of financial accounting, close and control within an international, complex business.